ATTENTION: LaGrange College Graduate Students
The Lewis Library at LaGrange College is pleased to announce a graduate assistantship for students enrolled in a graduate program at LaGrange College. This position requires at least a 14 month commitment that encompasses two summers and an academic year. A graduate assistant is expected to work 24 hours per week in the library. A stipend of $4,800 is available for the 14-month period as well as tuition remission. Position starts Summer 2014.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include …
· Facilitating use of technology in the library
· Readying library spaces in advance of expected use
· Assisting students and members of the faculty in use of technology appropriate for presentations, lectures, films, etc.
· Providing service at the Circulation & Reserves Desk (checking materials in and out, assisting with printing, scanning, word processing, and information access). Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
· Supervising student workers
· Collaborating with librarians on special projects
· Performing other duties as may be assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Demonstrated technology skills and aptitude
· Working knowledge of MS Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with basic computer operations and troubleshooting
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work collegially with others
· Must be attentive to detail
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit a letter of application and resume including three references to Mr. Loren L. Pinkerman, Lewis Library Director, LaGrange College, 601 Broad Street, LaGrange, GA 30240. Review of applications will commence on May 8, 2014 and the position will remain open until filled.