The library printers seem to be running non-stop this semester. While we are glad to be able to offer free and convenient printing, we ask that all our users be thoughtful when clicking on the print button. Here are some ideas to help us save paper and ink:
1. Make sure that you choose the correct printer BEFORE you hit print. It's called Lewis Library (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) Floor.
2. Print on both sides of the paper. You can do this by clicking on the Finishing tab and choosing Print on Both Sides.
3. If printing PowerPoint slides, print them as Handouts, not slides.
4. If you hit print and don't see your document in the printer, ask a librarian for help before you hit print again.
5. Ask yourself if you really need to print these documents or if you can just read it online.
6. If you printed something that you don't want, please put it in one of our recycling bins (they are located near all of our printers).
If you have any questions about any of the above suggestions please ask a librarian for assistance. Just remember to try and save our paper and ink!
Thanks for you help!
**This post was authored by Charlene Baxter.